Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Fly-by Visit





After returning on a Saturday night from our Kansas adventure, I realized that I couldn't quite settle into being home just yet. One of my high school friends had called me a couple of weeks ago and told me that another mutual friend(that I go all the way back to grade school with) who now lives in Spokane, WA was going to be in the Midwest for a couple of days...namely Sunday and Monday. It seems that Ann and her husband were going to come as far east as Iowa City and they would love to see any or all of us. So I suggested to my pilot husband that if the weather was good enough on Sunday perhaps we could fly over to see our friends for a brief visit. It turned out that for a change the weather did cooperate and we did fly over to see our friends for a couple of hours before we had to jump back into the airplane and get home before it was too dark.

We had a chance to catch up on each other's lives and to share a picture or two or more of our families and we even took a couple of pictures while we were there. It was short and sweet, but the time it took us to fly there was so worth the couple of hours we got to spend with everyone. Friendships are priceless treasures that we need to cherish. I realize this more and more the older I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment