Friday, May 22, 2009

Proud Mary Begins

Hello Everyone,

I am Proud Mary aka the Roving Retiree. Here I am in my mother of the bride dress for my daughter's wedding last March. Do I look like a Proud Mary or better yet a proud momma in this picture? Because that's exactly how I felt at that moment.

Anyway, this is me and I will be sharing lots of my experiences as a retired teacher of four years now.

I now have an almost empty nest. My husband, Michael and I have my 89 year old mother that lives with us. My mom's name is Rose and she is quite able for an 89 year old, so she doesn't slow me down too much. Thankfully she is in relatively good health and of sane mind, so we are able to enjoy her and take her on many of our adventures. Sometimes, however, we will go off without her which allows her to spend time with other family members for a short while.

So anyway...my first real blog will be about my latest travels with my husband. I will share our trip to Charleston, SC to see our youngest daughter and her husband. We needed a get-away after the hoopla of oldest daughter's wedding in March, so we took a trip to see Laura and Mike to Charleston, SC. Stay tuned for part one of our trip....tomorrow. I hope you'll enjoy coming along with me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary, and welcome to the blogosphere! I came her by way of your sweet daughter Rebecca.
    I'm looking forward to reading about your many adventures.Stop by my blog for some coffee and a cannoli when you have time.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete